Helping You Grow: Your Business
- Assemble a leasing team to help you make good decisions: real estate attorney, interior architect, accountant, real estate broker
- Determine space type, size and location needs
- Figure out your leasing budget
- Determine parking needs
- Review properties and narrow down options
- Sign the lease
- Get ready to move in!
Some Additional Things to Consider
1. Not considering all the costs.
- Trying to bypass important steps to save money could cost money in the end
- Not understanding the legal implications of your lease could cost time, money and reputation
- Interior build-outs can cost more than you expect, if not carefully planned
2. Not taking time to find the right property.
- Taking the least expensive property could cost money in the end and cost you customers
- Not doing the research and knowing the market could lead to bad decisions
- Not calculating space needs correctly can result in paying too much or not having the space you need to run your business
3. Forgetting to consider expansion needs.
- If your business grows faster than you expect, do you have options to take you to the end of your lease?
- Are you confident in your ability to fulfill any given lease?
- Moving too often incurs cost and takes your focus off of your business
4. Looking for and finalizing a property to lease can be:
- Time consuming
- Confusing, because it’s not what you normally do
- Risky, because signing a lease could be a big mistake if you choose the wrong property
If you’re interested in leasing commercial real estate or have any additional questions please contact us.